Sliced and professionally dried King Bolete mushroom.
Porcini has a very strong aroma and holds well in cooking.
Available in 4oz,8oz,1lbs,2lbs,5lbs packs.
Our dried Porcini mushrooms add a meaty richness and an earthy note to all kinds of dishes. Huge umami punch and super easy to enjoy with your favourite soup, pasta, risotto, and vegetarian meals.
Shelf life: 2 years in a dark and dry storage container.
Simple Rehydration for King Bolete Mushrooms
1. Place dried mushrooms in a bowl of warm water for about 20 minutes. You should see any debris or sand concentrate at the bottom, leaving the rehydrating mushrooms floating in the clean water above.
2. After several minutes, swish the mushrooms around in the bowl to make sure any additional debris has fallen off.
3. Once fully soft, gently lift the mushrooms out of the water
4. Strain this water through a fine sieve. A coffee filter in a funnel also works well. The clean, strained mushroom water can later be added to stock or used in a sauce.
5. Your clean, rehydrated mushrooms are plumped and now ready to cook! After this process, chop and use the rehydrated mushrooms as you wish. You can quickly sauté in butter or olive oil alone or with some garlic, shallots, or onions. Once hydrated they can join any dish you desire, be it a mushroom sauce for steak, pasta sauce, into a quesadilla, onto browned chicken, chops or wherever your imagination takes you.
Have more questions? check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.