Large Diver Caught Sea Scallops - Live in shell
**Please note as this is a live product and requires time to harvest, orders will ship the following week**
What part of the scallops can we eat?
The scallop's roe (or eggs), which can be served raw or cooked, is also regarded as a delicacy in some cultures.
Overall, the scallop's pieces can be utilized in a wide range of foods and culinary styles, including tempura and raw sashimi.
Scallop crudo like a top chef:
- 15 scallops
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Clean the scallops by removing the muscle that runs along the side of each one.
- Thinly slice the scallops into rounds and place them in a bowl.
- Toss the scallops with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season the scallops with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the scallops on a plate and sprinkle with sliced red onion.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: For a variation, you can also add diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Have more questions? check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.